Jun 5, 2023
Jun 5, 2023

UFC 289: Nunes vs. Aldana

Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana betting preview and odds

Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana stats

Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana: where is the value?

UFC 289: Nunes vs. Aldana
Inform your MMA predictions ahead of the Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana fight with insight, analysis, and odds from Pinnacle.

  • EventUFC 289
  • DateJune 11, 2023
  • VenueRogers Arena (Vancouver, Canada)

Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana: Tale of the Tape

Amanda “The Lioness” Nunes


Irene “Robles” Aldana




173 cm


175 cm

61 kg


62 kg


UFC record



Overall MMA record



Striking accuracy



UFC ranking


Amanda Nunes will look to build on her second stint as UFC Women's Bantamweight champion as she prepares to return to the octagon for the first time in nearly a year.

The Brazilian star will return to action for the first time in 11 months, with Mexican Irene Aldana standing in her way.

Nunes reclaimed the Bantamweight title from Julianna Peña, and the pair were set to complete their trilogy, only for the latter to suffer an injury. Aldana has since stepped in, and she will have to be at her very best to stop Nunes, who has ruled the Bantamweight and Featherweight divisions for the majority of her UFC career.

Analysing the Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana odds





Champion Nunes is the 1.308* favourite for the clash, with her odds equating to an approximate 73.35% chance of victory. Challenger Aldana can be backed at 3.600*, which translates to a 26.65% chance of winning.

Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana: fighting styles analysed

As the #1 in the UFC women's pound-for-pound rankings, Nunes is still at the top of her game, and continues to dominate at the age of 35.

She is ferocious, powerful, and experienced, and she will have the reach advantage against Aldana. As one of the best female fighters, if not the best of all time, she can mix it up on both the inside and outside, and can alternate her powerful leg kicks with venomous punches. 

Nunes' ability to effectively switch to southpaw could also be crucial throughout the fight, as Aldana struggled against this stance during her defeat to Holly Holm. Should the fight go to the ground, Nunes' trip takedowns are something to watch out for, although Aldana's takedown defence is one of the best in the division.

Aldana, who will have the height advantage, is well-measured and has shown she can finish with composure. Her work to the body has allowed her to open up her opponents, and her killer instinct will be something to watch out for, if she gets Nunes in trouble.

Aldana's best chance of victory will definitely come from staying on her feet, but like Nunes, she has often shown she can mix it up on the canvas.

Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana: where is the value?

Nunes' break from the octagon is far from ideal, and critics have questioned her desire at this stage of her career. Nunes has already broken numerous records, but her lifestyle has now changed, and she will need to prove she still has the burning desire to rule the women's rankings.

Aldana needs a career-best performance to prevail, but she has plenty of momentum behind her, and she too can make history this weekend. She is aiming to join Brandon Moreno, Alexa Grasso, and Yair Rodriguez as the fourth incumbent UFC champion from Mexico.

Both Aldana and Nunes have proven they can be deadly on their feet, and both have shown they can change a fight with one punch. But with their attributes well matched, this bout could go all the way, and backing over 2.5 rounds at 1.925* looks like the way to go.

Sign up at Pinnacle and bet with outstanding UFC 289 odds.

Odds subject to change

Betting Resources - Empowering your betting

Pinnacle’s Betting Resources is one of the most comprehensive collections of expert betting advice anywhere online. Catering to all experience levels our aim is simply to empower bettors to become more knowledgeable.