Jan 16, 2023
Jan 16, 2023

UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill and Figueiredo vs. Moreno

Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill betting preview and odds

Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill stats

Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill predictions: where is the value?

Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno betting preview and odds

UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill and Figueiredo vs. Moreno

Inform your MMA predictions ahead of the Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill and the Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno fights with insight, analysis, and odds from Pinnacle.

Glover Teixeira and Jamahal Hill meet for the vacant light heavyweight title. Can Teixeira regain the belt, or will Hill become champion for the first time?

Also on fight night, flyweight champion Deiveson Figueiredo and interim champion Brandon Moreno meet for the fourth time. Can Figueiredo retain the title, or will Moreno become the undisputed champion? Read on to inform your UFC 283 predictions.

Event: UFC 283

Date: January 22, 2023

Venue: Jeunesse Arena (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill: Tale of the Tape

Glover Teixeira


Jamahal “Sweet Dreams” Hill




188 cm


193 cm

93 kg


93 kg


UFC record



Overall MMA record



Striking accuracy



UFC ranking


Teixeira won the light heavyweight title when he beat Jan Blachowicz at UFC 267 but he then lost the belt when making his first defence of it against Jiri Prochazka at UFC 275. Prochazka has since vacated the belt after revealing he required surgery on a serious shoulder injury and Teixeira now has the opportunity to win it back.

Hill has never fought for a UFC title, but he has been given this opportunity after winning three fights in a row to climb to number seven in the rankings.

Analysing the Teixeira vs. Hill odds

Teixeira is the 2.030* underdog, despite being a former champion, with his odds equating to an approximate 47.64% chance of victory. Hill can be backed at 1.847*, which translates to a 52.36% chance of winning.

Teixeira vs. Hill: where is the value?

Former champion Teixeira is priced up as the underdog for this contest, but his ground game could prove to be the difference.

Teixeira has 10 submission victories

The veteran Brazilian boasts 10 victories by submission with his last two victories coming via that route.

Hill leans heavily on his stand-up skills and has never won a fight by submission so he will need to put a lot of faith in his takedown defence.

His only career loss came against submission specialist Paul Craig, losing via TKO after he was taken down, and Teixeira, who offers value at 2.030*, should be able to follow that blueprint.

Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno: Tale of the Tape

Deiveson Figueiredo


Brandon Moreno




165 cm


170 cm

57 kg


57 kg


UFC record



Overall MMA record



Striking accuracy



UFC ranking

Interim Champion

Figueiredo and Moreno are making history in the other big fight at UFC 283 as they become the first UFC fighters to face each other for the fourth time.

They have each won one of the previous three meetings with the other ending in a draw, which suggests they are very evenly matched.

Figueiredo currently holds the flyweight title after beating Moreno by unanimous decision and each of his last three fights has come against the Mexican.

Moreno has fought once since that loss, defeating Kai Kara-France by TKO to claim the interim flyweight title.

Analysing the Figueiredo vs. Moreno odds

Figueiredo is the 1.961* underdog, despite being the champion, with his odds equating to an approximate 49.33% chance of victory. Moreno can be backed at 1.909*, which translates to a 50.67% chance of winning.

Figueiredo vs. Moreno: where is the value?

Two of the three previous meetings between Figueiredo and Moreno have gone the full five rounds; one ending in a draw and the other finishing in favour of Figueiredo.

Neither will want to leave this in the hands of the judges and it’s unlikely this fourth meeting will go the distance.

Under 4.5 rounds, which is available at 2.300*, looks to be the value bet for this contest as the two rivals attempt to get the job done early.

Are you ready to make your UFC 283 predictions? Sign up at Pinnacle and bet with our outstanding UFC odds.

Odds subject to change

Betting Resources - Empowering your betting

Pinnacle’s Betting Resources is one of the most comprehensive collections of expert betting advice anywhere online. Catering to all experience levels our aim is simply to empower bettors to become more knowledgeable.