Nov 8, 2022
Nov 8, 2022

UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira

Adesanya vs. Pereira betting preview and odds

Adesanya vs. Pereira predictions: where is the value?

Adesanya vs. Pereira betting insight and odds

UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira

Inform your MMA predictions ahead of the Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira fight with insight, analysis, and odds from Pinnacle.

  • EventUFC 281
  • Date: November 13, 2022
  • VenueMadison Square Garden (New York, USA)

Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira: Tale of the Tape

Israel ‘The Last Stylebender’ Adesanya


Alex ‘Poatan’ Pereira




193 cm


193 cm

84 kg


84 kg


UFC record



Overall MMA record



Striking accuracy



UFC ranking


Since making his debut in 2018, Adesanya has steamrolled his way through the middleweight division, picking up 12 victories, and he’ll defend his title for the sixth time at UFC 281.

Adesanya has won 12 times since his debut in 2018

The Nigerian’s only loss in the UFC came when he stepped up to face Jan Blachowicz in a light heavyweight title contest.

Pereira has also swept through the division and he’s competing for the title in just his fourth fight since signing for the UFC in 2021.

The Brazilian lost on his MMA debut in 2015 but has since won six in a row.

Analysing the Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira odds





Adesanya is the 1.540* favourite, with his odds equating to an approximate 62.62% chance of victory. Challenger Pereira can be backed at 2.580*, which translates to a 37.38% chance of winning.

Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira: fighting styles analysed

Both fighters come from a kickboxing background and that should mean this contest will play out on the feet.

Adesanya finished his kickboxing career with a 75-5 record but his last two fights ended in defeats.

Pereira, who had a 33-7 kickboxing record, was one of those two fighters to beat Adesanya and this weekend’s meeting offers the Nigerian a chance to get some revenge.

Adesanya holds the edge when it comes to movement and he’s an extremely fluid and awkward opponent.

Pereira relies on his power; he is aggressive and likes to dominate his opponents, and he’ll be looking to close off the cage to put his rival on the back foot.

Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira: where is the value?

Adesanya has been so dominant at middleweight and he’s defeated pretty much all of the top-ranked fighters.

Pereira has only had three UFC fights

The Nigerian has beaten number one-ranked Robert Whittaker twice and he’s also recorded two wins over number three-ranked Marvin Vettori.

Pereira’s arrival in the UFC has been a breath of fresh air and he’s done everything required to quickly move into a position to challenge for the title.

The Brazilian only has three UFC fights under his belt but he’s won all of them and two have ended via knockout or technical knockout.

Mentally, Pereira has the edge after twice beating Adesanya during their kickboxing days and he won’t show the kind of fear that others have when he lines up against the champion.

The value here lies in backing the underdog Pereira at 2.580*.

Are you ready to make your UFC 281 prediction? Sign up at Pinnacle and bet with our seriously valuable MMA odds.

Odds subject to change

Betting Resources - Empowering your betting

Pinnacle’s Betting Resources is one of the most comprehensive collections of expert betting advice anywhere online. Catering to all experience levels our aim is simply to empower bettors to become more knowledgeable.