Jun 28, 2022
Jun 28, 2022

UFC 276: Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier

UFC 276: Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier

Inform your MMA predictions ahead of the Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier and Alex Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway fights with insight, analysis, and odds from Pinnacle.

Israel Adesanya will make the fifth defence of his middleweight title against Jared Cannonier at UFC 276. Can Adesanya keep the belt, or will Cannonier become the new champion?

Also on the night, Alexander Volkanovski will defend his featherweight title in a rematch with Max Holloway. Can Holloway upset the champion, or will Volkanovski maintain his dominance over the division? Read on to inform your UFC 276 predictions.

  • Event: UFC 276
  • Date: July 2nd, 2022
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena (Nevada, United States)

Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier: Tale of the Tape

Israel ‘The Last Stylebender’ Adesanya

Fighter

Jared ‘Tha Killa Gorilla’ Cannonier

32

Age

38

193 cm

Height

183 cm

84 kg

Weight

84 kg

11-1

UFC record

8-5

22-1

Overall MMA record

15-5

49%

Striking accuracy

50%

Champion

UFC ranking

#2


Adesanya has steamrolled through the middleweight division since making his UFC debut in 2018, picking up 11 victories, and he’ll defend his title for the fifth time at UFC 276. The Nigerian’s only loss in the UFC came when he stepped up to face Jan Blachowicz in a light heavyweight title contest.

Cannonier’s UFC record is mixed. The American lost four of his first seven fights but has won five of the last six to climb to #2 in the rankings.

Analysing the Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier odds

Adesanya is the 1.257* favourite, with his odds equating to an approximate 76.22% chance of victory. Challenger Cannonier can be backed at 4.030*, which translates to a 23.78% chance of winning.

Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier: where is the value?

Adesanya is a rangey unorthodox fighter, and his almost three-inch reach advantage could be a major factor in this contest.

It’s likely that Cannonier will be found overstretching to bridge the distance, and Adesanya should be able to pick him off on the counter.

With 15 victories via KO/TKO under his belt, Adesanya should have the tools to add another to his tally; therefore, backing under 4.5 rounds at 2.020* looks the way to go.

Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway: Tale of the Tape

Alexander ‘The Great’ Volkanovski

Fighter

Max ‘Blessed’ Holloway

33

Age

30

168 cm

Height

180 cm

66 kg

Weight

66 kg

11-0

UFC record

19-6

24-1

Overall MMA record

23-6

57%

Striking accuracy

47%

Champion

UFC ranking

#1

Volkanovski won the featherweight title after beating Holloway at UFC 245, and he successfully defended the belt against the American at UFC 251. The Australian is yet to lose since making his UFC debut in 2016, and he makes the fourth defence of his belt this weekend.

Holloway has bounced back following those two defeats against Volkanovski, sealing back-to-back victories to earn another shot at the title.

Analysing the Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway odds

Volkanovski is the 1.534* favourite, with his odds equating to an approximate 62.89% chance of victory. Challenger Holloway can be backed at 2.600*, which translates to a 37.11% chance of winning.

Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway: where is the value?

This will be the third meeting between Volkanovski and Holloway, with their previous two meetings going the distance.

Volkanovski won both of those fights via decision, and there’s plenty of reason to believe another decision victory could be on the cards.

Holloway has never been knocked out and has only lost once inside the distance, while Volkanovski’s only career loss came by TKO, although that was back in 2013.

The two previous contests between these two fighters were hugely exciting, and UFC fans could be set for another lengthy classic, so backing over 4.5 rounds at 1.458* appeals.

Are you ready to make your UFC 276 prediction? Sign up at Pinnacle and bet with our seriously valuable MMA odds.

Odds subject to change

Betting Resources - Empowering your betting

Pinnacle’s Betting Resources is one of the most comprehensive collections of expert betting advice anywhere online. Catering to all experience levels our aim is simply to empower bettors to become more knowledgeable.